Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Music - Kwezi

Hey people (friends, colleagues and strangers)..

I represent the beat. I'm sure everybody is aware that some of hte first musical instruments were sounds such as finger-snapping and foot-tapping or stomping to others. Well, some people believe the cave started it by bashing clubs on each other's skulls - who knows? finger-snapping sounds more convincing to me.. As media and technology improved, the development of instruments such as the drumkit came and pu a whole knew effect to music production - with assistance other percussion instruments (shakers; tamborines), bass, keys and string instruments to name a few.

Today you can access software with all these little instruments programmed onto them - meaning with access to a computer, you can become a SUPER STAR music producer, or you can just make a couple of sounds you might like hearing.

OK, my name is Kwezi Sontange - you can call me Kwezi :-) - I'm going make sure you stay informed about the music - did you know they call it Digital Music these days?

2 comments:

Mandisa Haarhoff said...

Finger-snapping, truly convincing to me...! I believe music is the one medium that reaches bone and marrow, connects heart and soul; bringing alive and healing beyond what the body can manifest. Music is simply beyond art itself and trying to make it reach artistic standards kills its authenticity. I love that you can put together music using computer software and that its production has become more refined, but the question remains..., do we not lose the authenticity of music and the impact it can have in a life when we focus too much on technological aesthetics rather than just pure enjoyment of it? However, I must say it's good that you began your blogging conversations with the very root of music, this will give us a better view at the impact of new media on this raw history.

Ntokozo Mntambo said...

one thing ive definately noticed about music is that in many cases the type of music you listen to often speaks for you.the fact that i love hip hop for example means that i can already engage in a discussion with a person that i dont know but beacause of that common musical interest that boundary falls away and we click on a level not based on who i am bit more of how my music represents me.